Plexus MA205HV is an advanced non-conductive two-part methacrylate adhesive designed for the structural bonding of various electronic assemblies. In addition, Plexus MA205HV does a superb job of bonding metals without primers and engineered thermoplastics and composite assemblies with little-to-no surface preparation. Combined at a 10:1 ratio by volume, MA205HV has a working time of approximately 3 to 5 minutes and achieves a handling strength of 50 psi in approximately 8 minutes on polycarbonate. This product provides a unique combination of high strength, excellent fatigue endurance, outstanding impact resistance, and superior toughness.
- Fast working time 3-5 mins and exceptional fast fixture time 7-9 mins
- Primerless adhesion to many metals, most thermoplastics and composites.
- Color change technology during cure
- Excellent fatigue resistance, impact resistance and toughness
- Excellent environmental resistance to salt spray and other environmental factors
- Raw metals Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Raw Steel, etc.
- Coated metals Powdercoated or E-coated Metals
- Thermoplastics ABS/ ABS Blends, Acrylics, Polyamides/Nylons, PBT, Polycarbonate, Rigid PVC, TPU
- Composites DCPD, FRP, Gelcoat, Phenolics, Epoxy Based Composites, RIM
- Mix Ratio: 10:1
- Shear Strength: 1,800-2,500 psi (12.4 – 17.2 MPa)
- Adhesive: 100,000-150,000 cP
- Activator: 15,000-50,000 cP
- Working Time Min: 3 minutes
- Working Time Max: 5 minutes
- Fixture Time Min: 7 minutes
- Fixture Time Max: 9 minutes
- Tensile Strength Min: 2,000 psi (13.8 MPa)
- Tensile Strength Max: 2,500 psi (17.2 MPa)
Example of MA205HV Color Change