Next generation MMA adhesive that bonds even more materials, cures quickly and creates highly durable, long-lasting assemblies. Plexus MA8105 GB is the result of more than 35 years of experience creating and formulating high performance MMA adhesives. Lowers assembly time resulting in high throughput and consistent, reliable production. Contains 0.012” (0.3mm) glass beads to help maintain a consistent bondline during high pressure clamping.
Plexus® MA8105 is an advanced direct-to-metal, two-part methacrylate structural adhesive. It is designed to achieve structural bonding of a wide range of metals, plastics, and composite assemblies in industrial and transportation manufacturing.
MA8105 expands design possibilities by offering primerless adhesion to metals (including galvanized steel), coatings, plastics including nylon (polyamide), and composites. With a versatile 1:1 mix ratio, MA8105 has a unique combination of low odor, high strength, toughness, and fatigue resistance.
Key Benefits & Features
- Save Time and Labor
- Fast fixture time means more parts produced per hour
- Primerless adhesion means less time spent on surface preparation
- Increase Product Quality
- Distributes stress with high strength and high elongation
- Best in class heat resistance
- More Design Options
- Cross bonding of multiple different substrates
- Bond difficult substrates like polyamides (nylons) and galvanized steel
- Lightweight Designs
- Does not create heat affected zones like welding, allows for possible downgauging
- Non-filled product with low specific gravity
- Manufacturing Reliability
- Easy to Use 1:1 ratio that can handle off ratio mixing
- Low odor, low print product that cures tack free
- Raw metals Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Raw Steel, etc.
- Coated metals: Hot Dipped Galvanized, Electrogalvanized, Galvanneal Powder-coated or E-coated Metals
- Thermoplastics ABS & ABS Blends, Acrylics, Polyamides/Nylons, PBT, Polycarbonate, Rigid PVC, TPU
- Composites: DCPD, FRP, Gelcoat, Phenolics, Epoxy Based Composites, RIM
- Color: Gray
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 (v/v)
- Shear Strength: 1,800 – 2,700 psi (12.4 – 18.6 MPa)
- Adhesive: 50,000 – 120,000 cP
- Activator: 50,000 – 120,000 cP
- Working Time: 3 – 6 minutes
- Fixture Time: 12 – 16 minutes
- Tensile Strength: 3,000 psi – 3,600 psi (20.7 – 24.8 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation: 20 – 40 %