Pump Box with Baffles in potash mine undergoes high-temperature wear, erosion and corrosion. This wear is caused due to continuous exposure to high temperature saline processing solution. As a result, the equipment needs to be pulled offline,
cleaned and recoated frequently to repair the damage. In addition, the current process and coating requires the equipment to be moved offsite for a post bake cure, further increasing downtime and maintenance cost.
• Wet slurry with a consistency of 60% solids
• High salinity concentration
• Temperatures that may reach up to 225°F / 107°C
• Continuous erosive & corrosive wear conditions
To achieve the desired results, three products including Devcon Wear Guard 300RTC were trialed:
• Competitor A’s product was applied to the baffles of the Pump Box. The product initially adhered to the baffles but suffered catastrophic bond failure within a few weeks of application.
• Competitor B’s product was applied to the interior walls of the Pump Box. The product adhered to the walls but had begun to wear in several spots.
• Devcon Wear Guard 300RTC coating was applied to the baffles of the Pump Box. The coating adhered to the pump box baffles and after 3 months of service had not shown any signs of wear
Devcon Wear Guard 300RTC provides long-lasting protection significantly outlasting competition:
Highly durable coating – 3X longer vs competition
• Equipment is in service longer, increasing uptime and Overall Equipment Effectiveness
• Reduced maintenance and reapplication costs
• Room temperature cure eliminates the need to transport equipment, tenting, portable heaters, and delays due to long cure times
Easy to Apply
• Product is creamy and easy to mix
• Smooth surface finish is achieved by water vs using dry or chemical abrasives
• Sag free application ideal for vertical surfaces
• Distinct blue color results in quick assessment of worn-out areas
• Superior protection in harsh environments including high temperature, high corrosion, and caustic environment